This is what dreams are made of....

Welcome...we are the Shah's!
Whoever said that dreams were only dreams....well this is what dreams are made of. When you put your heart and soul into something you want that you have been dreaming, you can turn that dream into reality.
Hope you enjoy.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Baby's Arrival

 August 13, 2010, 8:45am. Another Dr's appt with Dr Meek. I am now 4cm dilated but the baby is still breached. Dr re assures me that I am not going to make it to my due date which is September 14. He sends me home, with the thought on my mind, "is this man crazy! Im going to have this baby soon, maybe even over the weekend." So he schedules me another appt for Wednesday, August 18.
 Weekend rolls around, still no baby, no contractions whatsoever. Maybe the Dr does know what he is talking about!  Monday, Aug. 16, 9:30 am sitting at work and I am beginning to feel alot of fluid, thinking maybe my water broke. Telling Anna about it and she suggests I go in to see the dr. I called my dr appt and they wanted to see me right away. Got to the dr's office @ 10am, they took me in, he checks me out, nope, water has not broke, but I am 6cm now. He, again, sends me home, baby is still breached. I even said to him, "are you crazy doc, last time when I had Kareena and I was 6cm, I gave birth to her, he said, the baby is still breached and you have no contractions. He said we can schedule a c-section or induce the baby when the time gets closer to the due date. I go back to work, everyone there thought I was crazy to even show up! I knew deep down, there is no way I am going to make it until to tomorrow, either way, this baby is coming, and I will make him come. All day at work, I drank bottles and bottles of water, walked up and down the stairs to help me dilate and hopefully the baby would turn and have his head down.


I came home, pick Kar up and head home. 7:45pm Outh suggest we go eat chinese food if we want this baby to come. (Urban Legend: Eating chinese food, has a lot of sodium, puts you into labor) We go to Asian buffet, I am stuffing my face, everything tastes so good. 8:50pm, we are walking out of the restaurant, I am beginning to feel contractions, they were strong but still far apart. Go home, Outh gets Kar ready for bed. Its now 10:25pm and I am cleaning the whole house. From the bathroom to the kitchen, I am down on my knees mopping the floor. Outh says to me, what are you doing? I said, I have to have the house cleaned incase I give birth tomorrow, I want to come home to a clean house. 10:55pm, contractions are stronger and closer, Im bleeding like crazy. I tell Outh lets go. We drop Kar off at my parents and head straight to Davis Hospital. 11:15pm We go get checked in. They check and see how far I am dilated and has its head down, but he suggest we wait and not break my water. August 17, 2010; 12:00 am (midnight) rolls around, the nurses check me again. This time, the baby turned back up and is breached. 12:43am Dr. Meek arrives. He tries turning the baby to make his head down. He does it for about a good 10 mins. felt like 10hrs. No luck. I was in so much pain while he was turning, no medication injected. I cried and told the Dr to stop. He looks at me and says, what do you want to do. No other option, we had to do an emergency c-section. 2:00am. They get the room prepared and get me all ready for my surgery. 2:30am they roll me in, Im bawling like crazy. Just the thought of going under the knife and thinking about Kareena, what is something happens to me, I won't get to see her again. I know Im crazy for thinking that, but come on, everything runs through your mind. They call Outh to come sit next to me, getting everything ready. 2:54 am, "Its a BOY!!!" the dr announced! We were so happy and thrilled that is was over. Our son, Gabriel Osman Shah has arrived!

No comments:

Post a Comment